The origins of muru
Muru is an Aboriginal word used by the Gadigal people of the Eora tribe which translates to "Journey". We believe in the power of music and it's ability to transcend language, culture and religion.
The right music at the right time is an almost euphoric experience - Our mission is to become the industry standard for song classification and deliver the tools and AI to create personalised music experiences for each and every person on the planet.
Muru Music was founded in Australia, by an international team of Dutch, English, Spanish, French, Turkish, New Zealand and Australian engineers, musicologists, data scientists and DJ’s.
Nicc's entire career has been dedicated to the music experience. As a professional DJ and Musicologist, Nicc has provided music experiences across the globe and has obsessed about musical genres, their connections and the effects of music on our brain.
- Musicologist - specialising in genres, music & the brain
- Former Resident DJ at world renowned Pacha Ibiza
- Sound Engineer/Classically trained in Music Theory
- Music Curator with +6000 playlists and counting
The talented Advisory Team
- Former MD Spotify AU/NZ
- First Employee Google AU
- NED Tourism Australia
- MD at Vistex
- Music Rights & Content Management expert
- Startup founder with successful exit
- Entertainment specialist
- Former MD Entertainment Business - Synergy Global
- Senior Advisor "The Polar Music Price"
- Former Global Head of Artist & Industry Partnerships Spotify
- 40 Under 40: Music's Top Young Power Players
- Founder of Rostr
Want to find out more about MURU?
Get in touch and we can take you through our journey.